Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Greens...

About a month ago, my mom bought me two little plant packets.  My younger siblings and I mixed the soil packets and planted one small pot of daisies an another of sunflowers.  Sadly, the daisies didn't last very long after the first appearance of sprouting because they were constantly being knocked over by my dog and the landscapers.  The sunflower though is now around 7 inches and growing. 

I had told a friend about my new sunflowers and he bought me a Bromeliad.  It's a pretty flower plant that thrives with little sunlight and moist soil.  The other day it started shriveling a bit at the ends of the leaves so I decided to re-pot the plant in a much bigger pot and give it new moist soil.  I'm hoping it will stop withering and begin to thrive. 


My grandmother also gave me the top of the pineapple that she grew, so I have that plant in a little cup filled with water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment