Monday, June 20, 2016

Gurgle Gurgle...

Please Welcome... 
ELI BIRB

So I did end up adopting a bird, not a conure sadly (but I'm secretly planning to get one) but a lovely little Quaker Parrot (Monk Parakeet)!

I adopted him from this lady that runs a bird rescue at her house.  Manfriend and I drove all the way to her to go see this little birb I had been considering and he ended up giving me lots of kisses when we were there and I just kinda was smitten.  she also had a really good price for a nice cage.  I kinda honestly want to get him a bigger cage and use this one for another bird in the future because he is not huge but indeed bigger than a green cheek conure.

He has a permanently fractured wing that you can't see in this pic on his right side but can still fly. He was lovely for the first week but I think we are out of the honeymoon phase and he is testing everyone.  So far he has been really good with me though except for one day in which he was just totally off in general.  I feed him zupreem pellets, nutriberries, and fresh fruit and veggies (have to work on getting more veggies).

So hopefully he will be able to help me in some therapeutic way.  The first thing I've noticed is just that I have to get up in the morning to take care of him and that in itself is great.  People never realize how hard it is to get up when you are depressed.

So I am in the process now of establishing myself with him and then moving on to step up commands which is going to be a little more difficult because of his balance issues, but I'm sure if I work on it he will get through it.

Hopefully this was a good idea.  

Thank you Manfriend for making this possible!

<3thank font="" for="" happen="" making="" manfriend="" this="" you="">

No comments:

Post a Comment