Sunday, February 6, 2011

Adventurin'...

So the last couple of days have been filled with adventure.  GAH. I love adventuring.  Rock climbing above racing water to reach a destination across the shoreline.  Running between crashing waves into little caves to seek shelter.  Listening to the thunderous pounds of the god-like force of nature beating at mother earth herself.  It's thrilling.  Simply breathtaking.   I have even have scratched up shins and knees and a cut foot! YES. Haha.  I need to make a head cam and let you see this wonderful place.  Of course it won't be like it is in real life but it is still something I want to take a crack at to film.  We finally got out the huge conch shell! It is awesome.  I will take pics of it for you. 

I met while I was at the beach an old couple and their family.  I talked to them for awhile and it was pleasant.  They were in their 80s and so happy.  The older man thought I looked like I was 15. hehe.  Sometimes I feel a bit uneasy that most of my friends look like their age or older and I look so young but then I remember when we are all in our 40s I'll still look like I'm in my 20s. YES.  Last night at dinner, the waiter thought my mother was my 18 year old brothers wife. haha. 

I finally finished my paper for one of the universities I'm applying to yesterday morning.  It just hit me.  I knew what to write.  I finally could do it and apparently it's pretty darn good.  I feel great about it.  I just hope the admissions office does too.

Today I think we are heading to my home town (yes!) and we are going to hang out with my aunt, maybe see a movie.  Then later we are going to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday.  Fifty years....goodness...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day. The head-cam could be extreme, and you can get gnarly close ups of the wounds, like cut-foot!

    Good point about aging, too. You definitely want to look young for your age Don't hurt a thing.

    Sometimes inspiration just creeps up on ya. Glad the application is goin' well!

    Home town? Where's that?! Fifty years is some time--mine just turned fifty-four.

    ReplyDelete