Monday, June 14, 2010

Movie of the Week: Adaptation
 
Directed by Spike Jonze
Written by Charlie Kaufman and Donald Kaufman
Author  Susan Orlean
Released: 2002
Quote: Susan Orlean:
"What I came to understand is that change is not a choice.  Not for a species of plant, and not for me."
 
 The weekend my brother came down, he brought gifts and this movie was mine.  Oh my...It's a good one.  Darkly comedic and written ever so well, this film is quite the adaptation of the book, "The Orchid Thief".  It's definitely one of those movies that you can watch more than once and notice things that you didn't the first time.  I can't help but love that they were filming "Being John Malkovich" at the same time as filming this film and both were written by the same guy! Very cool stuff. There isn't much I can tell you about the film that I don't want you to experience all on your own. WATCH IT!  I'm going to go lay on the floor.      

No comments:

Post a Comment