Monday, March 15, 2010

  
Movie of the Week: The Petrified Forest

Directed by Archie Mayo
Written by Charles Kenyon and Delmer Daves
Play by Robert E. Sherwood
Released: 1936
Quote: Alan Squier: "Let there be killing.  All this evening I've had a feeling of destiny closing in."

Oldest Movie of the Week so far!  I watched this with my family the other night before my brother left to go back to school.  I will have to say that this movie's dialogue is better than its action.  Most people wait for exciting things to happen in movies like this, but the conversation over powers all else by far in this film.  I love the character Alan Squier because you're not quite sure what kind of fellow he is; mysterious and charming.  WATCH IT! If you are up for intellectual philosophies of life mixed with bandits, a strange old man, and love, I recommend you check it out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment