Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Schoolness...

Sorry I'm posting the Movie of the Week a day late.  I studied and did homework all yesterday.  I need sleep and Spring Break.

Movie of the Week: The Thing

Directed by John Carpenter
Written by John W. Campbell and Bill Lancaster
Released: 1982
Quote: MacReady: "Why don't we just wait here for awhile...see what happens..."

The Thing is probably my favorite sci-fi monster movie of all time.  I remember the first time I watched this I was at my dad's office in the conference room and we turned off all the lights and closed the blinds so it was dark.  We had the VHS version and watched it on a little television.  It was scary and awesome and I loved it.  I'm not exactly sure how old I was, but considering we were watching it on VHS, its been awhile.  After seeing this movie, my brothers and I even made a game out of it that we'd play with some neighbors at night.  The movie takes place in Antartica; dark, lonely and oh so foreboding.  There are no CGI effects so all special effects are done by hand which makes it more realistic in my opinion.  WATCH IT! and prepare yourself for CRAZY MORPHED DOG THINGS. Oh and SWEDES...I mean NORWEGIANS.

No comments:

Post a Comment