Monday, April 19, 2010

Almost done!

I hope you've enjoyed the photos I posted the last couple of days.
Now on with the last real week of the semester before exams!
 
Movie of the Week: 
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
 
Directed by Milos Forman
Written by Lawrence Hauben and Bo Goldman
Author: Ken Kesey
Released: 1975
Quote: McMurphy: "I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this." 

Yay! I'm excited this is the movie of the week.  It's up there on my list of favorites and I'm happy to be able to share it with you.  I think I might love this movie so much because there is just so much meaning to it and Jack Nicholson is hilarious!  So I think you get two things going here: One, the more serious approach that has to do with society and anything else you interpret in the movie as you watch it such as whether or not the so called "crazy" people are actually being treated fairly and humanely, and two, there is this approach where it's just the main character (McMurphy) making comments on how the asylum is run while trying to fit in with the rest of the people so he gets a free meal and a place to stay.  WATCH IT!  It's probably one of the best movies you'll ever see. Come on Chief!   

No comments:

Post a Comment