Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lake and Cake...

Today was the best day I think I've had in awhile.  After school, my best friend  bought me a burger (because she's awesome) and we drove to the lake near my house that I posted about last week.  We talked about plans to go canoeing and about random things to catch up since we haven't seen each other in awhile.  Here's a picture she took of me while I was trying to control my wild mane in the wind.  So after that, we headed to my house and talked more about random things and danced to crazy music and recorded our voices to make them sound like chipmunks.  After a bit, she had to leave because my grandpa came to pick me up so we could study together.  We stopped by the market first to pick a few things up for my grandma then headed to his house.  Studying with him has become more enjoyable than a task because he makes everything more interesting and he teaches better than my teacher ever could.  After we finished studying, I stayed for dinner and I decided to bake a cake for dessert with my grandmother.  We were in a hurry because it was getting late and her Novellas were starting.  She can't miss those! :P So I decided to ignore a lot of the actual directions and just put everything in a bowl and mix it together and put it in one of my great-grandmother's old pans that she used to cook in.  The cake was supposed to be a three layered cake, but I just made one giant one instead.  It took about twice as long to cook, but worth it.  When it was ready to take out, we had a bit of a struggle getting it out of the pan.  We flipped it a few times and smacked the pan against the cake dish to see if it would come out.  After using a knife to cut around the sides, it finally came out.  Part of it stayed in the pan but we just cut it out and placed it back into the cake like a puzzle piece.  My grandma had purchased whipped white icing and coconut as the topping.  I spread the frosting all over the cake then my grandma finished the edges for me.  We then sprinkled the coconut all over the cake and spread it on the sides.  We had made a cake!... that I decided to cut into a peace sign. 
                                     
Here's a picture!  It's not the best pic but all I had was my camera phone.

Here are two more pictures I took when two slices were left with my digital camera.  Still  not great pictures because the lighting was bad, but you can see enough of it.
Today was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment