Monday, April 26, 2010

Movie of the Week: Black Snake Moan
 
Directed by Craig Brewer
Written by Craig Brewer
Released: 2006
Quote: Lazarus: "I'm cookin' steaks fah dinnah.  I expect you to stay."

So I heard about this movie around when it came out from the trailers and such but I wasn't so sure it was worth seeing.  The trailers that came out with it made the movie seem quite different then it actually is.  Fire those people! Jeez. Anyway...I've been in a bluesy type mood lately and I even got my guitar out and started playing some blues.  So I came across a screen shot one day just browsing a blog and it was Samuel L. Jackson with a guitar.  I didn't realize he played any in the movie and I had nothing better to do, so I got the movie and sat down and watched it.  I ended up liking it quite a bit and watched it again with my brother.  It's hard to explain why I enjoyed the movie so much, but I suppose it could be a mix of my love of blues music and the culture behind it or just the overall style of the movie;  not quite sure.  WATCH IT!  It's one of the movies where you really want to see what happens in the end.  OH! and don't watch the trailer if you haven't seen it because then you really won't want to watch it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment