Monday, May 24, 2010

Movie of the Week: Falling Down
 
Directed by Joel Shumacher
Written by Ebbe Roe Smith
Released: 1993
Quote: Bill Foster:  
" Yeah.  And now you're gonna die, wearing that stupid little hat.  How does it feel? "

I pretty much love this movie for two reasons: 
1) I am a fan of Michel Douglas and his older 90's films, and 2) This movie is kind of like watching a fantasy that I know all of you have had.  You know there are some days when nothing really seems to be going your way and this infuriated being takes over your body but you just sit there.  William Foster has finally cracked and decides to deal with every little flaw he sees in society.  I can't help but imagine being him for one day, smashing cars, yelling at all my ridiculous teachers, finding all those old school bullies that wouldn't leave the little man alone and bashing their faces in as I scream every profanity known to man!  I think my favorite would be breaking glass.  I don't know what it is about the shattering of glass that is so beautiful.  WATCH IT!  I promise you will feel much better after you do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment