Monday, May 3, 2010

Movie of the Week: Rocky Horror Picture Show
 
Directed by Jim Sharmen
Written by Richard O'Brian, Jim Sharman and 
Released: 1975
Quote: Doctor Frank-N-Furter: "Don't dream it, be it."

I wouldn't recommend this movie to all, but I find it to be as strange as the front cover makes it seem,  hilarious and groundbreaking for its time and all times, and forever part of my collection.  It's truly one of a kind.  It stars Tim Curry and features Meat-Loaf, so you know something crazy is bound to happen.  Just so viewers know, it is a musical.  For Halloween last year, a few friends and I went to a Rocky Horror Picture Show viewing at a theater that normally is for musical symphonies or plays.  It was neat to see and be a part of all the costumed people in the audience yelling lines from the movie.  As a part of a Rocky Horror tradition I have yet to understand, objects pertaining to the movie were thrown such as playing cards, hot dogs, toilet paper, and loaves of bread, all of which I got hit with in good fun. hehe.  WATCH IT!  LET'S DO THE TIME WARP DANCE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment