Monday, May 17, 2010

Movie of the Week: The Matrix
 
Directed by Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski
Written by Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski
Released: 1999
Quote: Morpheus: "Welcome to the real world."

I decided to make this film the Movie of the Week because it has been brought up several times recently in my Philosophy class.  We were discussing philosophers and their thoughts on reality and my teacher described how this movie correlated significantly with the philosophies of Descartes.  I would elaborate more but I don't want to give away too much of the movie.  It is a fantastic action/science fiction film that was groundbreaking at the time of its release.  It is recorded as one of the thousand movies you must see before you die and is highly acclaimed for its famous slow motion bullet scene.  WATCH IT! and you'll see what I mean.   

1 comment:

  1. Landmark film in concept and special effects, and probably the fifth best action film of all time. I can dig it!

    ReplyDelete