Monday, January 10, 2011

Talkin'...

I saw a friend of mine today.  We talked for some time about all the things that have been happening.  Goodness...life is so crazy.  And then we got a smoothie because I don't know if you are aware but smoothies soothe the worried soul. YEP.  I'm about to head over to main campus for my first day of Film History.  I am rather excited.  I hope the teacher knows his stuff.  

I've had a lot things on my mind lately (not that that's anything new).  I'm worried about what college I'm going to next fall and I can't get this sense of rejection from everyone and everything away from my head.  It's hard to stay focused and hopeful when I feel this intense sense of near abandonment.  I'm trying to stay positive but I've almost trained myself not to be.  I am ridiculous.  

I talked with my counselor last week more about Prolonged Exposure.  At this juncture in my life...I would not be able to even start this 10 week process.  It sounds so scary.  It basically would be me repeating everything that happen to me in detail over and over again to someone.  They even record it and have me listen to it.  I think there are worksheets and some other type of counseling.  I still can't imagine having to say every single detail over and over again.  Just a bit intense for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've just begun the next sequel in the excitin' life of CC. In this one: EVERYTHING IS CHANGING. Starting this Friday, CC will need more than delicious and healthy smoothies to fight the evil forces of D.O.U.B.T.!

    I think I've finally got staying positive down: lots of heartache this semester, but I'm looking forward to starting anew. The Prolonged Exposure technique does sound intense! But it sounds like a challenge to me...if you trust your counselor, maybe you should try it...

    Oh, and let me know how that film class is. I've always wanted to have some classroom cred to help me critique movies, maybe you can pass on to me what you learn?

    ReplyDelete