Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Barilla!

When I got home today, I poured myself a Barilla jar of orange juice(yes, my family and I sometimes drink from washed out Barilla sauce jars or Mason jars) and went into my room.  I sat on my floor and checked my email on my laptop, and my eyes drifted towards the orange juice-filled jar.  I had seen before lots of different little ways to use Mason jars and I was in a crafty mood.  I pulled out a ball of hemp that I had, a glue gun and some seashells that I had stashed away.


 I loaded the glue gun and plugged it in, and went searching for scissors while the glue gun heated up.  I ended up only finding my pocket knife, but it would suffice.  When the glue gun was ready, I took the Barilla jar and glued about half way around the the rim and then laid the hemp over the glue and pressed down for a few seconds.  I started wrapping the hemp all around the jar after I'd glue a line down first.  So it was a pattern of glue, hemp, press, glue, hemp, press until I was near the middle.  I wanted the logo to be seen so I cut (with my handy pocket knife) off the end and glued it down.  I started the process once more at the bottom of the Barilla logo and cut and glued it off at the bottom.  I was rather satisfied with just this but I liked the idea of embellishing it with shells.  I poured my bag of shells out and went through all of them until I found some that I wanted and took some time to arrange them how I wanted.  The result was a decorated Barilla jar that can be used for flowers or candles.  I'm giving it to my mother, so I've already put some water and flowers in there for her.      

  I am quite satisfied with it.  Oh! and there's my puppy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment