Thursday, February 11, 2010

Radiology and free food...

So today I visited with my grandfather two different hospitals to get some inside information on radiology and what schools around our area seem to prepare students the best for their future career.  My aunt is planning on going back to school, so we decided to go and see the actual people at work.  We met two radiologists and a student and ate at the hospital for free...by accident.  My grandpa leaned over to me and told me, "Hey! food at hospitals is cheap! Lets eat here!" I tried to talk him out of it but failed which isn't surprising if you know him.  We got our food with other doctors, nurses, students and patients which consisted of a salad and french onion soup for him, and egg salad and noodles with french onion soup for me.  We went to go pay but they only took cash.  My grandpa only had his debit card and he kept saying Oh My God, I'm sorry I have to pay you, but the woman just said not to worry about it and to pay next time (because we go there so often...hehe) and we thanked her and sat down.  My grandpa looked up at me with a sneaky look and said, "Hey, we're eating for free."  It made me giggle.  My grandma called him later and he told her the story.  She said that he was corrupting me which made us both laugh.  I told him if it wasn't for him that I wouldn't ever have any fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment